Flash's findings

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Don't ask because I don't know the answer.

I just had to write. I just looked back and realized that there is truly nothing that I have done with my life. The military is truly a drain. How I regret that decision.




Existence in the realm of empty,
The not, is where we feel,
or rather, not.
Darkness, this newness,
Like an unidentified sapling,
Name it, for it is new to me.
An uncomfortable numbness, envelopes,
As of nothing I've ever known.
It frightens us.
We are pilgrims in this place.
The old appears so distant,
Like a mirage.
Did it ever truly exist?
I believed so.
I'd like to think it did.
Pain, of what I cannot tell.
Where did it come from?
Where are we going?
I am lost, forgotten in this place.
An outsider in the land of the souless.
We cannot...I cannot.
End this, for it is unwelcome
in my mind.
How did it get here? When?
Has it been forever present,
yet I blind to it's torment?
Fly away beast of nothing.
You Blythe of cheer.
I shall exercise you,
Back to your abyss.
Be gone, I owe you nothing.
And deserve this, not.
Suddenly, away as quick as it appears.
What was this? This terror.
Rest me now, for I am weary.
Sleep, a cure for all.
Be well, and tomorrow,
Awake with fresh eyes for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home